By Frances E. Mascia-Lees
- In this ground-breaking paintings at the physique and embodiment, the most recent scholarship from anthropology and similar social technological know-how fields is gifted, delivering new insights on physique politics and the adventure of the body
- Original chapters disguise ancient and modern techniques and spotlight new study frameworks
- Reflects the expanding value of embodiment and its ethnographic contexts inside anthropology
- Highlights the expanding emphasis on interpreting the creation of clinical, technological, and clinical services in learning our bodies and embodiment
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Anthropology of the Body and Embodiment (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best anthropology books
Someone attracted to local American lifeways may want to pore over Notes on a misplaced Flute. Hardy brings jointly his services in forestry, horticulture, and environmental technological know-how to inform us approximately New England whilst its fundamental population have been the local Wabanaki tribes. With event in instructing adults and kids, Hardy has written this ebook in an unique and available variety, making it of curiosity and important to adults and scholars alike.
Returns explores homecomings--the methods humans get well and renew their roots. enticing with indigenous histories of survival and transformation, James Clifford opens basic questions on the place we're going, individually and jointly, in a globalizing, yet no longer homogenizing, global. It was greatly assumed that tribal societies have been destined to vanish.
This quantity relies at the popularity that background is well known and pop culture is now effectively reworked into history whose meanings and myths reshape social existence and political and monetary realities in addition to re-make “tradition. ” The papers during this quantity think about: What does renowned historical past seem like?
A brand new form of society is being in-built Syria, yet it’s now not one you'll count on. Surrounded through lethal bands of ISIS and opposed Turkish forces, the folk residing in Syria’s Rojava cantons are carving out the most extensively innovative societies on the earth this present day. Western viewers were astounded by means of the luck in their undertaking, a communally organised democracy which considers women’s equality necessary and rejects reactionary nationalist ideology while being fiercely anti-capitalist.
- Journey to Xibalba: A Life in Archaeology
- The Slumbering Masses: Sleep, Medicine, and Modern American Life (A Quadrant Book)
- War in Ecological Perspective: Persistence, Change, and Adaptive Processes in Three Oceanian Societies
- The Samburu: A Study of Gerontocracy in a Nomadic Tribe
- Die Wirksamkeit von smarten Flash Mobs als Instrument der öffentlichen Meinungsäußerung: Eine Medienanalyse eines populärkulturellen Phänomens (German Edition)
- Kulturhermeneutische Forschungsarbeit am Kulturphänomen Fasten in Deutschland nach Clifford Geertz (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Anthropology of the Body and Embodiment (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to the Anthropology of the Body and Embodiment (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Frances E. Mascia-Lees